OKAY.
On the 18th of December, I saw my cousin Priss's Facebook display picture: it was a picture of her, her sister, her brother and MATTHEW REILLY.
Yes. Matthew Reilly, author of Contest, Hover Car Racer, Ice Station, Area 7, Scarecrow, Hell Island, Temple, Seven Ancient Wonders, Six Sacred Stones and Five Greatest Warriors. Yep, that guy.
Being the one that introduced his books to them, I was not happy upon hearing that they didn't tell me he was back in Melbourne for a book signing (I hadn't checked his website in a while). So then I realised that it would be a rather smart idea to check, so I did... and found that he was going to be at Westfield Borders the very next day at 11 am!
So naturally, I went. But not before telling Winnie and Howie about it, who then also decided to come. Hah.
So I got there early. Real early. I woke up at 8.30. That is amazingly early for me. So when I got there (at Borders I mean), the line hadn't even started. So when the line did start, I was like 5th or 4th. In front of me was some oldish woman who came from BENDIGO to get some books signed for her husband or something. BENDIGO. And behind me was some nice lady who I talked to since the others were late.
I saw Winnie's bro, Benson first. I didn't really recognise him; I didn't really know him yet. But then I saw him later next to Winnie and Howie and it clicked.
They came not too long after I lined up luckily, because since I'm such a nice person and didn't want them to just push in the line in front of the woman I was talking to, I went to the back of the line with them. Good thing it wasn't very long yet.
So we stood there. For a little over an hour. Minus Howard, because he went to JB Hi-Fi to get Friends Season 4 (INSERT: I wrote 12 here before but Howard just clarified for me - 31st December 11.54pm - that it was in fact season 4 he bought), a Bon Jovi album, Michael Buble's Time and a Carpenters album. Never heard the Carpenters by the way.
So yeah we just talked. There was a book behind us called Think Like a Lady, Act Like a Man. It's been there for ages, but then they saw it and were like yes you think like a lady and act like a man because you're a gentleman and went to the back of the line with us. Yes. I get confused with my gender, of course I do.
Also, my bag was stuffed by the way. With 10 of his books. I left Hover Car Racer at home because it has no cover and was stolen. And I don't have Temple.
On a completely different note, I went to Angus and Robertsons later on that day and saw that the price for his books in paperback had risen from $20 to $21. Or maybe it was just that shop. I don't know...
ANYWAY, Winnie and Benson went first. Then Howie. And then it was my turn.
I was so excited. Seriously. Pretty nervous. I was like "Um, yeah I have a few more books... is that okay?" when I started pulling them out of my bag.
"Yeah, that's fine," he said, smiling. :D
He was a real nice guy. :)
Then I was like "Um, can I hug you... or is that too stalkerish?" :S
The lady assisting him was gesturing at me. I was confused, but when Winnie was like "JO!" from behind, I was like oooh... and leaned in and smiled, and she took a pic.
And then I was like "Yeah um, so can i hug you?"
He grinned again, said "Aw, come around then" and then I promptly hurried around and hugged him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ teehee
And then Winson was like "GROUP PHOTO!" So we took one:
Afterwards I showed Mum and she was like: "The boy in glasses is cute."
I LOLed.
Afterwards, I was super excited and practically delirious, what with the random giggling and 'teehee's and the dazed smiling off...
Well we went to the food court to just try get my books in first. Mum was in Myer so I left, but not without a few Hi-5s and "you're awesome for telling us about it". Yes, I know I'm awesome already, but it's always nice to hear it.
So I went to Myer while they went to eat and then watch Avatar 3D at 1. But then I decided to go get a Bubblecup Milk Tea, and then when I did, I went back the wrong way so I was at the food court again, silly me. So then I had to turn around and go back...
And not much to say except I was so happy still that I phoned lots of people to just tell them about it. Here's the list (and they're not really in order because my call log on my phone is screwed):
Sarah: didn't pick up
Mei: picked up, and was like LOL WTH JO
Viv: picked up, rofled, but totally understood. She was shopping.
Paul: didn't pick up
Peter: Paul picked up. Bad signal.
Louis: was soooooooooooooo jealous. Was going OMGOMGOMG WTFWTF SHIT FUCK GODDAM LUCKY. Among a few other things...
Wilkins: didn't pick up. didn't even ring. it just beeped.
Andy: picked up on like the first ring. Good boy. But doesn't read MR so was like "..."
Okay. I'll stop.
Oh, and afterwards, after going home that is, we went to Box Hill because Mum had some acupuncture thing, so I left and went walking around BH and got a $7.50 white singlett from Cotton On, a hot silver flower ring from Diva for $10 and saw Maddie at some clothes shop. It sucked. The Bridge Road one is way better.
So while waiting with Mum before I left, I took a photo:
Mum is so cute. LOL
Yeah, so afterwards we went to Viv's place. Didn't do much except watch crap on the laptop. Took a photo of her nails though:
I think she won't be happy that I posted this. :D
Okay. Next thing:
♥
Today, I got up at 11. Made a sandwich for brunch (salad, cucumber, asian ham and mayo). Went on the computer. And waited for Sarah's mum to come back from the market and take us to Westfield.
Why?
To watch Avatar.
What?
Oh, only one of the most awesome movies I've seen.
No way...
Hell yeah.
Seriously. It was amazing. From the trailers and stuff, I kinda assumed that it wasn't going to be that great. It would be good, but not that good. But boy was I wrong. Well, I already knew I was wrong when I saw all these Deviantart journals praising Avatar and calling it awesomley awesomness.
Seriously. I had goosebumps and my heart was going thumpthump. It was awesomeness. I was just totally in awe. From the small dots on their face and the white floating jellyfish things that looked so nice and pretty (especially in 3D because I just so wanted to grab out and touch them - in fact, I pretended to do that a few times actually) to the hot pilot chick who I totally have a girlcrush for, as well as the amazing visual special effects, and OH the super-awesome flying dragon-bird things...
Yes. It was awesome.
Anyway, people who came with: Sarah (naturally), Mei (surprisingly), Carol (no surprise), Louis (of course), Henry (rich boy), Andy (he was lonely, poor thing) and Valerina (his girlfriend). Yes.
When we got there at around 12.50 (movie started at 1), we were told that we would be going to the movie at 2.00 instead because the 1 o' clock movie only had spare seats in the front row... which was not cool. So yeah.
And man, how shocked I was when I heard that the movie cost $19! That is a hell lot of money for a movie. But whatever, it was paid for, so I just gave Andy $20 and got a buck back from him and was like gosh, so expensive...
Yeah. So then we went shopping. Technically, Carol, Mei, Sarah and I went shopping while Louis, Henry, Andy and Val just stood outside each shop waiting...
Haha Louis had $20 and a gift card but didn't go to Jeans West because he's noob. What a waste. LOL.
So then after buying a Bubblecup, we went to watch the movie. And I've given the details already. So yeah.
Would've been a lot nicer though if the 3D glasses weren't so dark. Or if Shoppo actually showed Avatar not in 3D. Seriously, how pathetic.
But whatever. It was still amazing.
God, it was so good. LOL. Sounds like I'm describing sex or something. Hahahahaha.
Okay, I think that's enough for now.
Oh hang on, and since I didn't take any photos of us at Avatar (because that's Sarahs' job ;D), here's some Matthew Reilly :D
One of the signatures:
Books :D
Me and my books:
See ya. ;)
i'm FEATURED AHAHAHAHA
ReplyDeletefirst comment :D
:D yay
ReplyDeleteI thought book signers were filled with rage and anger XD seems like this one is always happy :)
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had heaps of fun :)
yes i did :D
ReplyDelete